Saturday, January 24, 2009

A cleaning lady

I left my house yesterday at 9:30 am, went to Target, ran in to a friend and let our boys wander the store while we talked (of course while supervising them).  Went to get some lunch and then returned home to a spotless house.  I mean spotless.  My sliding glass window has never looked so clean.  My floor was so smooth I almost slipped in my bedroom.  All the beds had fresh sheets and the dark secrets that were hiding under my couch had been all vacuumed up.  What a glorious service.  I had paid for it all, of course, but It was worth it.  I have struggled with the decision to hire someone for several months and finally had enough.  I just can't keep up with the standard of clean house that I want.  It affects my peace of mind and my sanity, which in turn affects my kids.  So I did it and I have felt a renewed sense of "keeping" it clean.  And the sweetest part was I got to play bowling and swords with Nico for the afternoon.  It was fantastic. And this weekend I might even get to scrapbook.  Oh My, Life is Grand!  Thank you Cleaning Lady!  See you in two weeks.

2 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

I'm so happy for you. What a great way to start the weekend!

bladesfam said...

That was a great day! Thanks for hanging out with me at Target! Oh, and you inspired me to get a cleaning lady too. I came home and called my husband and said, "i'm ready for that housekeeper now, can she come this week?"....so thank you!!!!!