Sunday, June 1, 2008

Only a month


So maybe I am just not cut out for this blogging stuff.  I have had so many thoughts of what to blog, but I am a bit technically challenged and I am not great at getting my photos on my blog.  Photos make it so much more interesting so I think I need to set up a training session with my husband.  Isn't that the way it always goes though, the contractor's wife can't hammer a nail, the chef's wife can't cook and egg and the tech guy's wife can't upload pictures from her camera to her computer.  Silly I know.
   I think today the most appropriate thing to write about is the fact that my son is into putting himself in time out.  When ever I mention that he needs to modify a behavior he runs to his room and shuts his door and informs me passionately that he is in time out.  Then he proceeds to cry for me as if I put him in there.  I am not sure what to do about this.  Are we giving to many time outs?  Does he not get the punishment?  Or is he just a self regulating child who anticipates my thoughts?  I think he really just likes to slam his door and be a bit dramatic......I can't imagine where he gets that from.  I remember as a child drawing a picture for my mom and after giving it to her she must have made me mad, so I took the picture off the fridge and ripped it up.  A bit dramatic, ya think!  What can you say, he is my boy, and I love him.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Welcome back! It took me a little while to learn everything too. You'll get the hang of it. I think Nico is too funny!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF NICOLAS! He is a DOLL and will soon be the Biggest Heart BReaker!
I really look forward to meeting him! I also look forward to seeing you and wrapping my arms around you! I really do miss you! and Love you girl.