Sunday, June 1, 2008

Coming Soon, Oliver Henn

  The picture will have to follow on this one, because I need a scanner, but we got the most amazing ultrasound picture of Ollie up close.  It was remarkable.  He looks so much like Nicolas.  I can't wait to meet him.  We are so close now to the finish line.  He is due by C-Section on the 18th of July(Nelson Mandela's B-day).  That is only 47 days away.  He may come earlier, but the 18th is the latest.  I think we are ready for him.  All the clothes are washed and hanging in the closet.  We are borrowing a co-sleeper and need to get that set up.  And thanks to my mother in law and dear friends we are working on getting a fabulous double stroller for our two boys.  
  Pregnancy is so different the second time around.  I know what to expect and anticipate for the most part.  It is exciting but since I have already experienced it, all I can think is I just want my baby.  I look forward to holding a teeny baby again, watching Shawn and Nicolas interact with Ollie, the newest man in my life.  It is a lucky women who spends her days with men who love her.  I wouldn't mind having a daughter some day, but I certainly feel blessed to have two dads, 5 brothers, 1 husband, 2 sons, and many other important men in my life who have been so influential and special to me.    

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, I got a little teary-eyed reading this post! I want another baby now! Next summer we'll try for #2. Happy birthday again (May 29th everyone!).

Shannon P. said...

OH Kaleene you will love having 2 little boys. They will be such good little buddies,and his name is darling. You are such an amazing mommy and you will do great with 2 don't worry. And,hey I am only a phone call away :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm really starting to think about motherhood. :)

sheila said...

yea blogging again! OK are you ready for this.
1. Happy birthday Shawn
2. Happy Fathers Day Shawn
3. I think it's great that Nicolas puts himself in time out. Lucas is good but Eden looks at me and says "no" She is beyond me. Or I am just to tired.
4. Teaching your child how to do there fits more dramatically is tons of fun. I often tell Eden she needs to stick her lip out a little more. Or her crying is not convincing.
5. Short 4th for July weekend. Fri- Mon we are thinking. Mark the calender, preggie!
6. Yea baby Ollie! I can't wait to see the ultra sound.
7. We love you, wanna come over this weekend for dinner? oh I am sad now.

Jen S said...

Kaleene...I was so excited to hear that you were having boy #2. Boys are wonderful and they love their mommy. Hang in there this last month, you can do it! It was nice reading about your family. Remember when I used to babysit you! Crazy! Jenifer (Shannon's Sister)

The Boulter Family said...

Congratulations Hen family!!! Sense I am checking your blog today which is July 21st , that means you are now parents to a second son. Oliver welcome sweet baby! How exciting! Was it nice to have a planned c-section? Oh please post pictures of the newest member of your family.
I love the picture of Nicolas. He has changed so much sense I last saw him. I cannot believe it; what a handsome little guy. Well I love you guys bunches and I will keep checking in to see what is on your blog.