Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gratitude Journal........day 3

I am grateful today for great women in my life.  I never had close girlfriends growing up, and I never thought I would have that or need that.  I was at a baby shower years ago and overheard some women talking about how they needed their girlfriends, how women need other women, and so on.  I remember going home and telling Shawn how sad I was for those women, that they probably didn't have great relationships with their husbands.  It's so funny how life does that to us.  It's all so black and white till you experiences a new side of life and then you realize how judgmental and wrong you were.  I see now, nearly 5 years later, the wisdom those women had.  I still have a great relationship with my husband, but I also need women in my life more then I ever have before.  I actually need time with my girls to talk or walk or vent or dream or analyze.  It makes me feel validated, important, loved and good enough.  I do have an amazing circle of women in my life and I love you all so much and am so grateful to all of you.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I liked your post :) I have recently decided that I need to be a better friend/get some great friends in my life. I was the SAME way as you Kaleene and I didn't ever really feel I needed a friend until I realized I want to surround myself with people in Las Vegas that I can count on and that my kids can count on or call on. I'm glad to know I wasn't the only person who felt the way you expressed :)