Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mom



My mom and I have a complicated relationship.  We love each other immensely and have so much fun together.  And of course we manage to annoy each other deeply at times too.  We have been through some really challenging times, years even that we did not see eye to eye and I know it hurt both of us.  But even through all those difficult times I always said, "I just wanted my mom." I just wanted her back in my life like it was for most of my childhood.  We are finally there again. I think my having kids softened all our hearts and my mom and I have been able to rebuild our bond that has been so strong all my life.  My mom is an amazing women, complicated, but amazing.  She loves her children passionately, and I understand that now more then ever.  I always say children never understand how much their parents love them until they have their own children.  I am at that point now and I could not be more grateful for my mom.  She has made me into a great person, who works hard, loves deeply, gives service, tries to be kind, lives the gospel, and develops talents.  I love you, mom.  Always have and always will.  I would not be who I am without you.  Thanks.  Your doll baby, K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaleen. I loved this post, because I've know the struggle and know exactly what you are talking about. Beautiful post. I love you woman. I am glad to see you and your mom lovin' the lights out!

sheila said...

blubber blubber sob sob. I am glad you and your Mom have been able to build a new relationship.
I totally agree about not understanding until you are a parent yourself. It kind of makes me feel guilty about being a teenager.

I love you and your family
lots of hugs and kisses from your favorite Borsts!