Monday, November 3, 2008

Home Sweet Ventura






Shawn and I go "home" to the central valley often.  We love going to see our families and friends.  Two and a half to three hours and I can be hugging one of my brothers or hanging with my in-laws.  I miss home alot and talk to my brother, cousin and mother in law nearly every day, to stay connected.  BUT, after visiting for a weekend or longer, there is nothing like the drive back home to Ventura.  Once I hit the 126, the temp starts to drop and the air freshens and if I am lucky, as I drive into Ventura there is a beautiful layer of wet fog.  It is a wonderful place to live and we are so grateful to be here.  I bet my dad when I was about 14, that I would one day be a DR., live at the beach, and have adopted some babies.  Well, not all my dreams came to pass, but I am still young, and I can cross one thing off my list.  I rarely go to the beach or get in the water, but that in no way devalues my love for Ventura.  I would be happy to grow old here.  I wish for only one thing, an extra bedroom for two, so we could have our families here more comfortably.  Regardless, it is a great life! 

No comments: