Friday, July 11, 2008

Boys and Dirt





My family is working on putting a pool in their back yard.  Nico and I came home the weekend of that endeavor and Nicolas was in heaven.  He was outside for about 5 hrs digging and it was a fight to bring him in to get cleaned up.  My mom dug him a little seat so he could safely play, she even gave him spoons to dig with, which was a huge shocker, since she used to complain that all her spoons ended up in the backyard, (like that was our fault).   The next day he got to ride on the tractor and play some more in the even bigger pile of dirt.  Who needs to spend a fortune on toys and gadgets?  Simply make a huge dirt pile and you have instant fun for hours.  

2 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

Nicolas must have been in hog heaven playing in a big dirt pile; little boy’s dream come true! I love the picture of him climbing the hill and with a bare tush. Black male pictures for the future! :)
I cannot get over how adorable he is. He looks so much like you and of course his Daddy. It is crazy how fast our babies grow up. It is so exciting you have a baby on the way …love the name you guys choose.
Robert and I want to have another baby but right now I just need some time to grieve over the passing of my sister. I have to admit though I am very baby sick right now, I long for that stage. It does not help when you live in Utah, everybody has a new born or is expecting. When the time is right it will happen.
Thank you for posting pictures. I love checking in and seeing how you guys are doing! Blogging is so fun, I’m addicted.

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

I love the naked tooshie! No clothes AND dirt; what could be better?